Black Cabs v Uber Litigation 2021
- BULit21 is a new legal action against Uber on behalf of London Black Cab drivers
- It targets Uber’s unlawful bookings operation
- There is no cost or financial risk involved in registering and pursuing legal action through RGL.
- Legal costs will be paid on behalf of claimants; should the claims not be successful, the defendant’s costs will be covered by insurance and will not be payable by the claimants.
- Claimant drivers get the significant majority of legal recoveries
- BULit21 is managed by RGL Management Limited (RGL), highly experienced in group litigation using top-tier lawyers
- Each driver’s claim in this black cab legal action is likely to be worth up to £25,000
To register your interest, with no obligation, please complete our simple registration form today.
Pay nothing until success
BULit21 claimant drivers pay nothing until RGL’s black cab legal action is successful.
RGL arranges funding to pay all fees, and expenses of drivers’ claims.
RGL arranges insurance, indemnities and other security to fully cover and exclude the costs risk if drivers’ claims do not succeed.
Drivers receive significant majority of proceeds
BULit21 claimant drivers will receive the significant majority of proceeds recovered from Uber in RGL’s group legal action against Uber
The remainder is used to pay for:
- Reimbursement of fees and expenses funded during the legal action
- Funder’s success fees,
- Insurance premiums to cover drivers’ costs risk
- Lawyers’ success fees
- RGL’s fees
A financial illustration will be provided after you register.
Potential claim value
RGL anticipates that an individual driver’s claim could be worth up to £25,000
Who can join BULit21?
All London Black Cab drivers, who were driving full or part time, between June 2012 and mid-March 2018 can join BULit21, including those now retired.
It is open to green badge and yellow badge drivers.
There is no cost or commitment to register your interest and join BULit21.
If you would like to join the BULit21 black cab litigation and you want to know more, please visit our Registration Page and enter your details.
The RGL team possesses extensive expertise and experience in law, investment banking, accountancy, corporate operational management and claimant group communication, all essential for managing large complex legal actions.
An operation based in Lincoln’s Inn Fields, with a support team in Shropshire, RGL has a strong reputation for building groups of claimants and pursuing legal action against large corporates and financial institutions.
Any RGL claimant group is represented by a top tier legal team and armed with the necessary funding and insurance protection to match any defendant’s lawyers and resources. This creates the fire power and level playing field essential to succeed against a large, well-financed defendant such as Uber.
Putting the funding and insurance package together also means there is no cost or financial risk to claimants in pursuing the group legal action, ensuring peace of mind throughout the process.
RGL is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of regulated claims management activity. Registration number: FRN 833132, recorded on www.fca.org.uk
For more information about RGL and how we operate, please visit our What We Do page.